Today's blog prompt: What five questions would you like to ask your politicians (on any level: local, regional, national, etc.)? Explain the questions and name the politician (or just title: Prime Minister, Minister of Education, etc.) if possible.
Hmm.....well this is the first time I have used a blog prompt so here goes;
1. Any Burnham - out local MP and Minister for health (and, a bit of gossip here, I was going to go work as a nanny for his family as their current Nanny was on maternity leave - gave in my notice to my old job and the day before i was due to leave, the wife of the said MP was made redundant - so I was not needed - GUTTED as the kids are lovely, anyhow now working for current family and loving it) Now where was I? Oh yes - Andy, any chance you can come and do a cameo role in our Church Christingle play please?? We are performing a modern version of the Nativity and need to 'speak' to the Prime Minister - but you are more popular round our way than TB!!
2. Same - how will the reforms on health care - and in particular Pharmacy contracts affect NHS staff. My daughter is training to be a Pharmacist and I hope she will have a job to go to at the end of her extensive training.
3. Minister for Transport - What about mobile phone users in cars - who enforces the laws? I am fed up of driving past people who are holding a phone to their ear whilst steering, got cut up badly on sunday by one - this was just 50 yards past a crash as well - Grrr.....a hands free kit is so inexpensive - got mine for £8 and never answer my phone is not connected.
4. Minister for Education - top up fees, why? I am trying to do my best by my children and encourage them to better themselves. My DD is at University training in Pharmacy, at present we are getting most of the fees paid due to my low income - but am frightened that if i take a higher paid job i will be penalised and we have to pay the full fees next year. I know there is no way we could do that and I dont want my daughter to be saddled with huge debts before she starts her working life. Its not as if she has chosen to pursue a 'non' course - she will be of benefit to the community when she qualifies.
5. Health/Education - well what a mess the school meals system has got into. Who started the whole sorry mess in the first place. Whose 'bright' idea was it to change from offering wholesome food - to the horrid fast food in schools we now have? I worked in a High School kitchen (out of necessity, not want) and was horrified at the rubbish being served to our teenagers. Why does it take a 'celebrity - Jamie Oliver' to make you lot in government sit up and take notice. Bet you get better meals served up in the House of Commons cafeteria? The school meals needs more resources and fast - we are in danger of having children dying before parents due to their poor diets. I know its not all the fault of schools - but if they are getting a good meal at lunch time its a start surely?
Well that's it - not very intelligent I suppose, but its issues that mean something to me and my family.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment