Thursday, November 09, 2006

Queen for a day?

UKS blog prompt for today - Today is YOUR day. You're 'Queen for a Day' (no, not THAT queen!) so how will you spend it? What will you do? What changes will that require in your life and the lives of others around you? How will you indulge yourself?

Okay if I were Queen for a day it would have to include lots of pampering. Not that Im not pampered enough by my hubby already - after all he did let me get a craft shed to play in. No the kind of pampering that includes massage, steam rooms and sumptious bath robes and possibly some bubbly in a glass. Not that I have ever been to a health farm before - only what I have seen on TV and magazines.
I would like someone to come in and blitz my house clean - whilst also giving my kids a pep talk on how mum is not nagging when she asks for help, she really means it. My sons room (14) is an absolute disgrace - one of these days I WILL go in and bin bag it all - just no this weekend as I have a crop to go to. Also for my 18 year old DD to be given a reality shake up - I KNOW she is studying for a degree, and that she also holds down a part time job, but when she comes in from Uni she helps herself to whatever meal has been prepared (not by her mind) then leaves ehr dishes either out on the side or in the dishwasher too dirty for the machine to cope with. She only puts on a wash without being asked when its for somehting SHE needs, ditto the iron - hey 3 more people live in this house you know......im out of the house longer than you are but im expected to do the bulk of it all.
I want a personal scrap tutor to come and rummage through all my stash and help me to use what I have already, im drowing in bits and dont know what to do with it all. Of course with the tutor would come an unlimited budget to buy some gorgeous stuff, sponsors look out here I come!!!! I wish.
I want my mum to ring me up and arrange to have a cuppa together and talk - just like REAL mums do!! (insert wry smile here) the last time I spoke to her was in August, but that was on my DD's 18th Birthday when she turned up unannouced to drop off a card for DD - who incidently was still stuck in traffic on her way home from Birmingham (she had been away with Guides). So when she got home she got a card from her - big deal, she could have given it TO her instead of leaving it. Mum also 'forgot' my birthday. my anniversary, and my minor op I had (okay she never knew about it cos i never told her...) I want HER to be the one who rings ME for a change, instead of the other way round. i sound like a right spolit brat, but im not, I have had too much hurt in that department to last me two more leifetimes.....hey Mum - wake up - you have TWO daughters you know, and even though Im 41 i still need toknow that you are there you know.....why does the other get it all? I will leave it at that for now......it hurts too much.

My overdraft would disappear and never return. Plus some in th ebank to make it so that Idont have to think twice about buying treats for us all every month.

Sheesh!! I want a lot dont I? Ah well I can dream.

1 comment:

JaneH said...

Wow...I like your day! JaneH