I left school in 1981 and weighed around 9st 10lb. I thought I was ok at that, but did get nagged at by my mum for being a bit on the podgy side.....
Anyway met M in 1982 and we moved in together in 1984 - getting married in June of that year. Three weeks before the wedding I had a panic - my dress was a bit on the tight side and so I had to rapidly reduce my food intake so it would fit - on the day it was perfect.
Anyway - fast forward to 1988 and pregnant - I weighed in at 93kgs on the day I had Laura. i found it very hard to shift the weight. But by the time she was 2 I was a reasonable size - looked good in a size 12 anyway. 1991 and pregnant again - cant remember what I weighed this time. But again really struggled to lose it. By the time Ryan was at playgroup I was straining to fit in a 12 (was more like a 14 by now) and tried various things to lose it. The following years saw my weight yo yo up and down.
Lots of factors to do with my weight - unhappiness where we lived, work, and minor health problems (gynae). Anyway in 2004 I was lucky enough to get the chance to travel to New Zealand with Laura - so I really made an effort. I lost over 28lbs and for the first time in years could get into a size 14/16. Managed to maintain this until last year and health issues where getting a problem again. I was to go in for a minor op and found out to my horror that my BMI put me in the obese category. So before the op I managed to get down to 93kg.
The op went well, and maintained that weight - but still wanted to lose more. So in feb I joined a gym......and so far have managed to get down to 89kg without a lot of effort. I am feeling lot better, more energy, but I know I still have a long way to go. According to various web sites I am around 4 stones overweight. (24.9 kg). So a looooong way to go.
Have made my healthy eating plan/diet public knowledge in my team on UKS and other team embers want to lose some wieght as well - so we are going to support each other.
Will update.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment