Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First day back to work

Well I got a text message last night from my boss asking could I be at their house for 8am - no problem - as I think she is on nights.

So was up at 6.50 am.....groan and was on the road for 7.15am. Do you know what? The roads where ruddy empty and I was at the house for 7.50!!

Let myself in with my key - children not up yet, but sounds of activity upstairs - the father - well the kitchen is a mess, pots everywhere, the lounge is a tip....toys ALL OVER the place!!! I don't know about you - but I could not go to bed leaving any toys out - never mind that much. Come to think of it I never let my children take so many out at once without putting some away. These kids I look after are 8 and nearly 2 years - was I strict with mine, but I made him at least attempt to tidy up. This baby will tidy up for ME - but not his MUM!!

So - the question is - do you leave the lounge a tip when you go to bed?

I expected the father to leave for work shortly after I go there - but no, it got to 8.15.....8.30...still there....at 8.50 the mother arrived home.....she was not best pleased that he was still there....guess who is for the silent treatment when he gets home tonight??

The baby did not get up until 9.30 - seems he had a bad night and was awake till the wee hours. And the mother had not worked - she had been to the airport with her brother. My plans had been to go to the cinema with KK to watch Eragon, but the mother (NK) decided its too loud for the baby (TK) and that she will take her instead......awww, I really wanted to watch it as well.

When ever TK saw his mum he went mad for her.....mammmeee, mammeee. Best time of the day was when he went for a nap!!
So thats the first day over - dont have to be in till later tomorrow (by whuch she usually means after 9). Then thursday and friday they are both off work.....whoopie doo!! (not!) Why do they need me in if they are both off work. Fingers crossed i have at least one day off.

No comments: