Arrived at the house for 9.15 and only TK and NH were up. Father and KK still asleep!! NH went for a shower leaving me to feed TK. Took him upstairs after breakfast and whilst I had my head in the wardrobe he escaped into his parents bedroom - but as father was still in bed I could not go in there - he slept through his son banging on the bathroom door shouting Mammeeeeeee!! Typical male....
Anyway got KK out of bed at 10.30 as she had a Dentist appointment - she did not want to get up. Mother cooked her breakfast (fried egg again....its a wonder that family manages to 'go' to the toilet as they eat so many eggs!) I was busy fixing the shower - super Sonja does it again! A simple thing goes wrong in their house and they go into panic mode......
TK was a complete pain in the..........and following NH around crying, Im sorry but I left her to it, she is the one that has spoilt him over the holidays - pandering to his every whim, that if she cant say no to a 23 month old baby - then she can deal with the aftermath. he will not know whats hit him next week when Im back in charge (insert evil grin smiley here!!) Anyway - TK was sobbing to go into mammes car when he realised she was going out (to the dentist) so as I had to move my car - I 'ordered' her to get the children into my car and that I would drive them!! He screamed solid all the way there - he wanted
a/ red car
b/mummy
c/ everything in sight
Anyway - on the way - over the din of screaming child - she asked how much of the baby stuff (TK old stuff) she could fit into her car as she wanted to take it to her brothers in Exeter for their soon to be born baby. Oh when are you going I said - today she replied! So I said when we got back I would help her to put it all in.
So after lunch thats waht I did - at this point we still did not know when or IF they would be going, it was all up to father to decide if he wanted to go!! Well at 2.40 he decided that they were going - how soon could they be ready?? Well I exploded into fits of laughter.....poor man could not understand why I was laughing.
Lets examine the situation;
Both of them are off work
She wants to take stuff down to her brothers - they dont need it any more, but it will be useful for the soon to be born baby
They have two children - one under 2 years old
Its 420 miles away
So what do you do in that situation? You would plan ahead surely? Not this man, kept his wife on tenterhooks all day, disrupting all the household plans then at a moments notice expected everywhere to jump to it.
So they finally left at 4.20 - leaving a mess you would not believe....and me to clean up!! Okay I did say I would - as they left i said that I would do damage limitation!! So after nearly 40 mins of putting things away, emptying the dryer, checking the fridge for thing that might go off, putting extra food out for the rabbit and triple checking all sockets off and all doors/windows locked I left at 5.15pm.
Sigh -well at least I get a lie in tomorrow!
Friday, January 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment